"Our mission is to promote the sustainable economy and equal opportunities by developing an ethical, conscious and effective entrepreneurial attitude."
The Foundation for Small Enterprise Economic Development (SEED) was founded in 1990 by entrepreneurial representative groups, higher education institutions, financial institutions and ministries. According to the objectives of the founders, the organisation started its operation aiming to broaden the knowledge base of entrepreneurs and to develop a sound entrepreneurial culture and environment in Hungary. Due to its activity SEED has gained a so called public status in 1998. Depending on our clients' needs - besides enterprise development - part of our work is to strengthen the NGO sector and support civil organisations. In 2003 the former Ministry of Employment Policy and Labour acknowledged the outstanding efforts of the Foundation performed in the field of equal opportunities, and in the same year we became an accredited adult education centre. Our quality environmental management system has MSZ EN ISO 9001:2009, and MSZ EN ISO 14001:2005 international certificate for the activities of adult education, consulting, research and event organisation.
Our objectives are to:
- Improve the Hungarian entrepreneurial culture, broaden the professional knowledge of entrepreneurs, enhance the competitive capacities of small enterprises.
- Support deprived and minority groups in playing a more determinate role.
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Industry
- Ministry of Agriculture and Food
- National Committee for Technical Development
- Karl Marx University of Economic Sciences
- Retailers' National Body
- National Council of Industrial Co-operatives
- Craftsmen's National Body
- Merkantil Bank
- Public Insurance Supervisory Authority
- National Association of Entrepreneurs
- Hungarian Economic Chamber
- International Manager Centre Kft.
Board Members and SC
- Chair of Board: Zsuzsa LAKATOSNÉ LUKÁCS
- Board Members: Petra Lujza INOTAY, Orsolya MUSÁKNÉ GERGELY, János TARDOS, Tibor CZIKKELY, Béla VÖRÖS, Tamás MÓRÓ
- Supervisory Committee: Dr. Attila SÓLYOM (chair), József NAGY, Endréné SZÁMADÓ
- Gratitude and love we keep the memory of: dr. Ágnes TIBOR (CEO), Péter SZIRMAI (board member),
Teréz LAKI (chair of Board), Ágnes VAJDA (board member),
Imre GÁSPÁR (board member), és Imre SÁNDOR (chair of Supervisory Committee).